TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
K2 Scientific Warranty Terms and Conditions
If a catastrophic failure occurs such as a compressor failure, K2 Scientific will replace the appliance free of charge within two years from your original purchase date. The replacement appliance carries the original warranty end date.
MINOR REPAIRS AND MALFUNCTIONS
K2 Scientific appliances also carry a two-year parts and labor limited warranty. This warranty period begins on the original purchase date. It includes replacing parts or the entire unit if necessary and in K2 Scientific's sole discretion when problems arise due to defective workmanship or materials. It is the buyer's responsibility to maintain the appliance according to the operations manual. Keeping records of such maintenance helps ensure warranty repair claims. Any failure to properly maintain any appliance voids this warranty.
This warranty does not cover the following:
- Appliances without original identifying manufacturer serial numbers.
- Appliances sold via a third party as a "used" product, without original sales receipts and original packaging.
- Appliances shipped outside of the United States, including Mexico, and Canada.
- Commercial product inventory including but not limited to vaccines, reagents, tissue samples, breast milk, blood, plasma, industrial products, food, or any other payload, due to any refrigerator or freezer failure. K2 is not responsible for the contents held in storage.
- Appliances used in residential settings.
- Bills of Lading signed without inspection of freight and notation of damage.
- Cosmetic damage caused by shipment or installation and not reported within 24 hours of delivery. The original packaging should be maintained until the unit is entirely accepted and cleared for service in the environment to ensure safe return shipping in the event of a failure. A replacement kit for return shipping will incur an additional charge if the packaging is not retained during the installation phase.
- Unauthorized service calls.
- Unauthorized modification to the unit, including adjustments to administrative parameters.
- Damage occurring during installation after BOL (Bills of Lading) has an acceptance signature.
- Appliance failure due to an electrical surge.
- Unauthorized reseller purchases.
- Damages or loss due to Acts of God
K2 Scientific shall not be liable for consequential or incidental damage, including but not limited to property damage and unexpected expenses, resulting from any breach of this written limited warranty or any implied warranty. Some states and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages.
If You Need Service
Please visit fill our CONTACT FORM and select "support/repair service", or e-mail [email protected] You may also request a service ticket on our chat line at www.k2sci.com, or call 800-218-7613. Please include or have your order number, model number, and appliance serial number ready.
- Warranty service only applies to appliances sold and used in the United States.