|Vaccines prevent more than 2.5 million unnecessary deaths every year.|
Within the medical and pharmaceutical industry, it’s imperative that all vaccines are stored properly and keep in pharmacy freezers, vaccine freezers, other medical freezers.
A stand-alone freezer for vaccines will help ensure that the medication will be as effective as possible, subsequently saving lives across the globe.
Here are the various diseases that vaccines can prevent for your child:
- Chickenpox -- The chickenpox shot protects children from this potentially fatal disease.
- Diphtheria -- This shot will help protect against diphtheria, tetanus, and whooping cough. Doctors recommend that all children get this vaccination shot.
- Influenza -- It's recommended to ensure that your child gets the flu vaccine shot every year starting after he or she is 6 months old. Some children 6 months through 8 years old may need two doses for optimal protection.
- Hepatitis A and B -- Your child should get the rest dose of hepatitis A at 12 months through 23 months. Additionally, they will need the second dose six months after the initial dose. Additionally, the hepatitis B shot will help prevent your child from developing liver disease and cancer from hepatitis B.
- Rotavirus -- Doctors recommend your child gets two or three doses of the rotavirus vaccine for best protection. Infants should get the first dose at 2 months of age and another at 4 months.
- Mumps -- For best protection against mumps, doctors recommend that your child should get two doses of the MMR shot for each of the following ages: once between 12 and 15 months and a second shot between 4 and 6 years. Additionally, infants between 6 and 11 months old should have an MMR shot before traveling abroad.
It's important to note, however, that the above diseases are specific to children from birth through 6 years old. For children between the ages of 7 and 18 years old, vaccinations are necessary for the prevention of influenza, meningococcal, Tdap, and Human Papillomavirus.
Again, virtually every vaccination on the market needs to either be kept in a pharmacy freezer or vaccine storage refrigerators. If you want to learn more about how vaccinations can help save lives or find quality pharmacy freezers for your medical establishment, give K2 Scientific a call right away.